My current morning routine is as follows:
Grind coffee beans and set up cafetière.
Do Duolingo exercises over coffee.
Read blogs, write.
I think our morning routines should:
- Be a simple, peaceful beginning to the day. Don’t try to overwhelm yourself early on. I used to put the radio on but over time I found it to be a distraction from mindfully waking up.
- Focus on your goals. We know about the importance of habits for achieving our goals. The morning is the perfect time to practice those habits and get some early wins.
- Be dedicated to your body. If I didn’t do my workout at lunchtime, I would get it done in the morning. As it is, a stretching routine while my coffee brews is sufficient to help warm up my muscles and feel more awake.
- Be dedicated to the mind. Set 5 minutes aside to meditate. I do breathing exercises during my stretches.
- Avoid distractions. This is the time not to be looking at email, social media, news. Leave your phone off.
I should credit reynoldsmade for inspiring me to write this post.